Based and Born in San José, Costa Rica. Works in Drawing, painting, sculpture, installation, scenography, dramaturgy of dress, performance and video. She is a graduate of MFA, Fulbright scholarship, George Washington University, DC; French Government scholarship and Japan Foundation scholarship and Licentiate in Visual Arts, UCR.
Recieved awards ranging from Costa Rican National awards in 1998 and 2003; PROARTES, Costa Rica, 2010; Chapingo Biennial, México, 2008, among others.
Matamoros has exhibited, individually and collectively, in more than 135 exhibitions worldwide for over 30 years.
• Clothbound, foil stamped, jacketed, gallery edition
• 11” x 11”, hard cover, 232 pages
• Limited edition 40 year biography and art collection of renowned Costa Rican artist
• Bilingual coffee table book
• Digitally enhanced with QR scans that direct to the artists website
Available for purchase here.